Friday, October 13, 2006

Mock Printz - Susan's Top Ten

ADDENDUM:

I am adding another title to my top ten, which is

A Brief Chapter in my Impossible Life by Dana Reinhardt....

The following is the list of my favorite top ten, actually eleven contenders for the mock Printz Award. This list reflects my personal tastes so there are lots of fantasy and historical fiction... Fortunately there were many of those kinds of books published...Changes to this list are likely...

1. Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin
3.Summer of Kings by Han Nolan
4. Bread and Roses Too by Katherine Paterson
5. Love Curse of the Rumbaughs by Jack Gantos
6. Monster Blood Tattoo Book One : Foundling
7. Bella at Midnight by diane Stanley
8. Gossamer by Lois Lowry
9. Monkey Town by Ronald Kidd
10. Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud
11. River Secrets by Shannon Hale

Reviewer: Susan Rappaport, Rutherford Public Library

No comments: